Whoopsy Daisy Forum
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy, le forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise ! Pour profiter pleinement de notre forum, nous vous conseillons de vous identifier si vous êtes déjà membre. Et surtout n'hésitez pas à nous rejoindre si vous ne l'êtes pas encore !
Whoopsy Daisy Forum
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy, le forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise ! Pour profiter pleinement de notre forum, nous vous conseillons de vous identifier si vous êtes déjà membre. Et surtout n'hésitez pas à nous rejoindre si vous ne l'êtes pas encore !

Forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy

Whoopsy Daisy n'est pas un blog, mais un forum participatif: participez !
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)

+5
Maribel
Summerday
Shelbylee
AnGee
Scarlatiine
9 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Emjy
Bookworm
Emjy

Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 30 Nov - 12:23

Je répondrai à vos messages un peu plus tard, il y a tellement de choses à dire ! Razz

J'ai détesté la scène de la Brigade à la vie à la mort, que j'ai trouvée grotesque et pas particulièrement bien filmée. Les droits pour la chanson des Beatles ont du coûter une somme astronomique en plus et quand je vois la manière dont elle a été employée, je suis encore plus déçue.

Je pourrai citer la critique du magazine Rolling Stone mot pour mot en fait :

Citation :
Even worse is the appearance of the the Life and Death Brigade, a secret society that's basically a more privileged, often-soused version of Yale's Skull & Bones. In "Fall," the group's chief rabble-rousers appear, along with ringleader and former Rory paramour Logan Huntzberger (Matt Czuchry), to take her on a masked, drunken journey for … some reason. Something about grand gestures? Who knows; it's an illogical diversion, and perhaps the worst Gilmore bit across either series, and yes, we are counting Season Seven.

Bookworm
Diana

MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 30 Nov - 18:20

La critique de Rolling Stone est très juste Wink
Ce qui est étrange dans la scène en question, c'est qu'ils ne semblent pas s'être vu depuis des années, et leur retrouvaille, sans profondeur, n'est pas palpitante.
La chanson des Beatles est néanmoins très belle, mais c'est tout.

Ce qui m'ennuie, c'est le gachis de talents des acteurs .
Je sais que chaque acteur/actrice ne pouvait pas avoir une "scène" spécifique, mais certains acteurs font de la figurations (Lane , Christopher et Jess entre autres) alors que des scènes inutiles s'étirent au maximum, comme la comédie musicale complétement ratée qui semble durer 10 minutes Evil or Very Mad , Lorelaï fermant son sac à dos pendant 10 minutes et qui papotent aves des randonneuses, sans parler de Rory au sein de la gazette (montrer l'employée en train d'archiver un fichier, je veux bien, mais de là à la montrer tout le temps faire ça, c'est bon, on a compris qu'elle est une relique et qu'elle bosse ici depuis des lustres Rolling Eyes )

Un gachis sur quasiment toute la ligne , sauf pour Emily Gilmore qui est parfaite du début à la fin.

EDIT:
Je viens de lire un court interview de Lauren Graham dans The Huffington Post US où elle parle de la réaction des spectateurs concernant le personnage de Paul
Citation :
None of us are on the internet, almost at all. So I know what you mean, but the show has a sense of humor, and that’s its sense of humor. And I think maybe [the revival] feels a little different. Rory’s not in high school anymore, so yes, as grown women, constantly forgetting [about Paul], I just thought it was a funny runner.”
Citation :
To me it was more of a metaphor for, ‘This isn’t the right guy,’ and this is how they communicate about it.”
She continued jokingly, “And does it go 10 steps too far? I don’t know, but it was 90 minutes. We had a lot of time to fill!”
Patterson, who plays Luke, jumped in, too. “Paul was a sacrificial lamb, and he knew it! The audience knew it,” he said.

Je ne dois pas avoir le même sens de l'humour scratch  J'ai trouvé cela extremement lourd et de mauvais goût..

Bookworm
Emjy

MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 3 Déc - 12:37

La très intéressante critique de Vulture Arrow

Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 23-gg-fall.w529.h352

Morceaux choisis :

Citation :
Here is my most enduring theory about Rory Gilmore in the Gilmore Girls revival: We never see her engaged with a book, and that's how we know she's truly lost. There's no discussion of Colson Whitehead or Lauren Groff or, alas, Elena Ferrante. In a season that's about the Gilmore women figuring out who they are and what they want, a fundamental piece of Rory is missing. Books are to Rory as Sookie is to Lorelai. And no, writing her own book doesn't count.

I find it telling that we do see Jess read. He hasn't lost that part of himself: He is thriving, taking care of his crazy mom, being a confidant to his slightly less crazy uncle, and running a business. I will also read an enormous amount into his peek through the window at Rory the night before Luke and Lorelai's wedding

Citation :
Otherwise, Rory's actions up until this point leave much room for doubt. That she could still let herself get swept up by the Life and Death Brigade (and one member in particular) is disappointing. Those mega-rich romantic ne'er-do-wells are fun for college, but a decade later they're just mega-rich douches. She eventually extricates herself with a cute Wizard of Oz bit, but let's be real: Dorothy never slept with anyone while following the Yellow Brick Road. Especially not an engaged ex-boyfriend. Later, during her bittersweet run-in with Dean (finally!), with its charming corn-starch callback, we remember just how bad Rory is at ending relationships

Bookworm
Diana

MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 3 Déc - 18:31

Cet article est très intéressant.
Je plussoie ce qu'ils disent sur Emily Gilmore
Citation :
One of the greatest joys of this season has been watching Emily find herself, figuring out who she actually is now that Richard is gone. She finally seems content in this episode, and whether or not Jack Smith stays in the picture is beside the point. Her blowup at the DAR interview is one of the best moment of the series, especially because Emily Gilmore finally gets to curse, and she is happy to call bullshit on the entire charade that is social niceties among the rich. I never thought I'd get to hear Emily say, "She comes in here with her big hair and her big tits …" but I'm glad I did.

Emily est l'une des rares, à mes yeux, à très bien s'en sortir dans ce revival, avec Jess, Kirk et Michel.
Je l'ai adoré dans la scène du comité Daugthers of revolution où elle choque ses "amies" en les remettant à leurs place et en leur rappelant fermement que ce sont elles qui sont mal élevées et odieuses dans leur façon de traiter chaque trophy wife qui passe Wink

Bookworm
Emjy

MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 5 Déc - 11:31

Certaines critiques sont du pain béni pour moi lol!

Citation :
Apparently, the Palladinos love the character of Logan and his beyond-insufferable Life And Death Brigade, so much so that they’re brought back for a pointless Across The Universe montage. What other people hate about the musical (waste of valuable GG revival time), is what I hate about the LADB, especially when they buy clubs because, as petulant children, they don’t like what music’s being played. The cloying Wizard Of Oz farewells, the third actual goodbye to Logan in this revival: Why does he look so pained? He’s getting married, so he couldn’t see that his relationship with Rory had to end at some point? Maybe he couldn’t. That’s what makes the LADB so unfortunate: So spoiled by all that money, they always get what they want, which makes them annoying, not delightful, to regular humans who have to work for a living. Fail. They’re the minus in my grade of this episode.

AMEN.

Et j'en remets une couche :

Citation :
With so many beloved characters, it’s hard to fit them into even 360 minutes: More Lane would have been nice. Dean’s and Sookie’s scenes seemed a bit shoehorned in. Some returns were great just because how little they had changed: Taylor, for instance, and especially Michel (“Your name is Molly? Why?”). Some improved with age, particularly Jess: Yes, I don’t know when he took a turn into the sage of wisdom either. Still, his loyalty to the man who once took him in is heartwarming (and his ripping out of the wifi is cheerworthy). There’s also been a lot of speculation about what his last longing looks at Rory mean: C’mon, this is Amy Sherman-Palladino; she’s about as subtle as a hand grenade. Jess is still in love with Rory, and will play the role of Luke in the new child’s life. And the Gilmore Girls circle is complete.

source : Arrow

Bookworm
Diana

MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 5 Déc - 21:56

Emjy a écrit:
More Lane would have been nice. Dean’s and Sookie’s scenes seemed a bit shoehorned in. Some returns were great just because how little they had changed: Taylor, for instance, and especially Michel (“Your name is Molly? Why?”). Some improved with age, particularly Jess: Yes, I don’t know when he took a turn into the sage of wisdom either. Still, his loyalty to the man who once took him in is heartwarming (and his ripping out of the wifi is cheerworthy). There’s also been a lot of speculation about what his last longing looks at Rory mean: C’mon, this is Amy Sherman-Palladino; she’s about as subtle as a hand grenade. Jess is still in love with Rory, and will play the role of Luke in the new child’s life. And the Gilmore Girls circle is complete.

Je suis ravie que Michel ait eu autant de présence, surtout que ses petites remarques assassines sont toujours hilarantes.
J'ai adoré le "do I look like a child molester"? quand il essaie d'être gentil envers les enfants en leur offrant des sucettes Razz
Mais certaines scènes, comme celle de Sookie et Dean par exemple, avaient l'air d'être un peu le passage obligé pour que tout le monde soit dans le revival. Dean s'en sort parfaitement bien d'ailleurs.
J'ai adoré le passage où Jess arrache le wi-fi en voyant que le diner de Luke est devenu silencieux, car tout le monde a les yeux rivés sur son ecran d'ordinateur Razz
Je plussoie ce qui est dit sur le  Life And Death Brigade, ils ont la trentaine maintenant, ils ne sont plus étudiants, il est temps d'évoluer un peu Rolling Eyes

MessageSujet: Re: Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)   Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Gilmore Girls A Year in the life : épisode Fall (4/4)
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2